TEN WAYS TO LET YOUR CHILD’S GREATNESS SHINE THROUGH
At Genesis Counseling & Consulting, Inc. located in Boca Raton, Florida we specialize in working with families that have recently gone through a major life transition, such as divorce or remarriage. The last thing any parent wants to see is their child struggling.
Statistics show that more American families experience divorce now, than ever before in history. Nearly 60% of all first marriages end in divorce and result in remarriages. Therefore, the children of divorced parents end up in blended families, facing the challenges of learning to cope with their new surroundings and relationships.
As your children adjust to this change it can create conflict and resentment as they grow accustom to new parenting styles, new routines and new personalities within the family. Parents, YOU play a critical role in helping your children transition into your blended family.
It is never to early for a child to know that they are unique and powerful. It can be difficult navigating out in the world, managing our feelings and emotions. Having a solid foundation from which to pull from helps our sense of self and self-esteem.
This one-day workshop supports a child to answer these questions:
- If someone or something makes you feel sad, embarrassed or angry, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
- Do you dream of doing something adventurous or something tamer, closer your eyes and imagine yourself doing it.
- What makes you feel scared or worried, what are some positive, strong words that you can say to support yourself?
- Everyone needs to be alone sometimes, where do you go if you feel like being by yourself?
- If you have a problem or something is bothering you, who do you talk to?
This workshop allows children to explore the answers to these questions in a safe environment. It is never too early for a child to have the tools they need within themselves to create happy, successful lives.
Group Facilitators: Jennifer Bishop, LMHC, QS and Vivienne Cameron Ovid, MS, RMHC-I